LOGO

AccueilAccueil  PortailPortail  CalendrierCalendrier  FAQFAQ  RechercherRechercher  MembresMembres  GroupesGroupes  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  

Partagez | 

nouvelle.....

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
AuteurMessage
Admin

Localisation : Sur le forum, en train de moderer vos paves de textes!

Feuille de Superheros/Supervillain - Mutant
Jauge de vie du Superheros/Supervillain - Mutant:
0/0  (0/0)

MessageSujet: nouvelle.....   Ven 31 Mai - 20:25

I was a girl on the road, with nowhere to go. I left my home with eighteen years of life seeping out of my every pore, as each breath I took drew me nearer to my untimely demise. Flowing hazel hair was slapped against my cheeks by the early breeze as the shivering limbs that tried to continue walking though the cold kept urging me to stop and just fall asleep, undefinately. I looked into my pockets and found thirty dollars and fifteen cents. I guess I had used more than I had expected to on that last stop at that petrol station. Who would've known that a can of beer, a pack of cigarettes and a container filled with breathmints could be so costly as to reduce one's life allowance by a fifth of what it initially was ? Not you, not me. Life seems so much cheaper when we're not the ones paying for it, after all. Too bad that thought only occurred to me now, as I drew further and further away from home and there seemed to be no more turning around. Ever. As I looked back, I could feel my heavy heart sinking towards Mother Earth, tugging at my denim jacket's sleeves in a desperate attempt to convince my strengthened spirit to make a U-turn and run back towards my past. Run back towards security, family and duty. But I kept going on, incapable of going back down that dark road. My life was mine and mine only, and to choose to live it was to choose to embrace the freedom that many had for eons denied me and condemned as beeing a sin. I had an adventurous soul, though it was naive, at heart. My mother had always told me that, when she was alive. And right now, the only thing that soul was craving for, apart from a big, steamy cheeseburger, was a promising future whose echo already resonated in my ears. I was on a mission ; I was honouring my duty to myself. And as I walked on, I simply knew that this pilgrimmage would flourish into what I would eventually be brought call the journey of a lifetime.

Cars drove by as my feet blindly guided me towards the construct of lights that lay ahead of me, waiting for my arrival. My homecoming. A city that was crying desperately for me to discover yet, though I had never set a single toe within its borders beforehand. Yet I could still hear its haunting cry as if it had been bonded to my every atom. As my soles dug into the gravel to mark my passage as a way of stating that I had been there and done that, I childishly hoped that my footsteps would be carved into the ground forever. Their immortality, however, would only last a moment, as calm wind would soon cover my path, making it seem as if I had come out of nowhere. The girl who had no place to be and no place to go. The girl who had no one to be with, and roamed freely but alone. All alone. However, I was not scared. I was not worried. For deep inside of me lay what had been brewing for centuries in the making. Inside of me lay a power which I had managed to control and wield to my advantage ; a power that now belonged to me and that few others could truthfully claim as possessing. That force was an empowering courage, supported by a belief in what I was doing ; for no matter how often I would feel pushed against the dirt, sprawled across the ground as I tripped on some unseen rock, my mouth spitting particles of dust in an attempt to get rid of the sandy feeling my tongue would feel against their micro-molecules ... The simple knowledge that some amazing thing would be waiting for me at the end of the road was enough to make me kick myself twice over, get a grip on my spirit and a hold on my body and start walking again, as if nothing had happened, until the next time I would fall. The cycle would then come to repeat itself, as I had promised to myself that I would never, ever bow down to adversity again. When I go down, it will be on my own terms, and because I had chosen to do so, not because someone else had made that call for me. I was a fighter, a stern warrior, just as my parents had been before me and as my children would later grow up to be. Nothing could stop the blazing fury that I grew into with each step I took towards the future ; my future, and that knowledge was enough to strengthen me to my core. Unstoppable is the word best suited to describe the way I felt my body had become, as I had chosen to leave the only home I had ever known up to that point. Infinite was my state of mind, as gazing at the stars no longer made me feel grounded by the laws of gravity. Instead, I could now imagine myself jumping from a meteor to another, eternally roaming in the cosmos, experiencing a state of utter bliss that rare people ever felt in a lifetime. And that was the feeling I would carry along with me until my final breath.

They say that you never know what it is you're looking for until you've truly found it. I don't really care much about that saying, so long as, in the end, I cross the finish line and claim the trophy I have earned and deserved through my determination and strong-will, smiling with pride and glory as the proud victor that my bones now tell me that I was born to be. I then heard a buzzing noise in the distance, as it drew nearer and nearer to me. My head spun around, my locks flying in the air as a car drove past. It was red and had one of those custom-made immatriculation plates which said either "MILKSHAKE" or "MILKY WAY", I'm not quite sure ... The vehicule had soon been far away, leaving dirt in its stead as the sole witness of its passage there, as I kept walking at my peaceful but comfident pace. The city looked so far away, and my legs felt so  small, at that moment ... As if they could give away at any moment. I did not know how, not how long it would take ... But I knew I had to get there, eventually. I knew I had to go the whole way, and never look back. I knew that one day, eventually, I would be in the centre of those lights, and that I would love it so much that nothing could ever get me out of them, ever again. Or so I hoped. I was lost, and tired. I knew nothing, but felt as if everything was just a grasp away from me ... And it felt horrible, as if all I had to do was to reach out at touch that knowledge with my index finger for it to seep into me and replenish me ; yet even the energy to do that was lacking from my bones and muscles. A mere shadow of myself. That must be what I looked like. My eyes were probably dug so deeply into my skin that they would never come out again, not even if I slept for a million years. How long had I been walking ? How much longer did I have to go ? I could not take it any more. All I wanted was for it to stop. Another car drove by, and this time, I stuck my hand out in the road, hoping it would feel pity for me and ask me where it was that I was going. But it did not. It simply drove on, making me eat its dust as I coughed through the particles that flew in the air. I kept walking. Another car came. It did not stop either. I was losing hope, my legs were weary and my soul was beginning to crack, strained by fatigue. And then, the white Chevy came by, and everything seemed all right.

Mrs. Danvers seemed like a good samaritan. Though her white hair prodded through the silk scarf she had chosen to don on her return from her cousin's house in the country, her youth was clearly apparent in her manner of speaking and her care-freeness. She seemed to be a ray of sunlife incarnate, with joy being her ultimate goal in life. In fact, I'm quite sure that Joyce was her first name. I'm quite sure that's what she told me, when I got inside her car. "Joyce Danvers. Pleasure to meet you. Hop on in." And so I did. I was too exhausted to think, yet lucid enough to thank the night star to have given me a female driver. We often heard of atrocious hitchiking cases, back at home, involving rapes and murders, and I did not want my life to end at such an early stage. You see, I had to get to the city. You may ask me why, and the only thing I am willing to tell you, at this point, was that, little did I know, but I had a date there. At that time, though, that knowledge escaped me, by far. It escaped him, by a lifetime, undoubtedly. Come to think of it, it seems as if the only person who actually was aware about this arranged rendez-vous had been Destiny herself. I simply wish she woud have warned me, beforehand. Maybe then, I would have made an effort to arrive earlier. Then again, maybe not. But enough with this parenthesis ; let's get back to the main theme, if you will.

Mrs. Danvers thus took me into her stunning white car, as we drove among the winds, freely and calmly. She talked a great deal, though, and I distinctively remember that tingling in her voice which gave her so much charisma ; enough to make anyone want to listen to the words pour out of her mouth for all eternity. And I was no exception to the rule, much to the contrary. I drank her words as if they were Earl Grey Tea, the same kind my mother used to drink at breakfast, long before I was old enough to appreciate it. I listened to each one of them, letting them sink into the complexion of my mind and begging her for more, for Mrs. Danvers had lived a fascinating life, and had a story of epic proportions to tell. Though I could never even dream of competing with her, I however think that now, I'm somewhat like her. I would like to think that, anyways. That I have my own story to tell, and that, in a way, people would want to hear it. For a story never heard is a sad story ... Though I guess mine kind of is, in a way. She told me all about her. How she grew up on this farm, just like me. How she was pretty and seduced all of the village boys. She told me how one day, she simply woke up, and felt as if she needed, and deserved more. And ever since then, her life had been an endless road which sinuously turned, with bumps along the way and ravines in which she nearly fell. But she kept going, and never stopped for too long, for she knew that at the end of it was the blissfulness that she had been waiting for all along. My eyelids fluterred as she told her tale, exhaustion pulling me under as I bathed in her words as if they were holy water ; in those instants, I admired her and envied the great life she seemed to have lived. I wanted to travel, as well. I wanted to see the world with my own eyes, make my own opinion of it, yet not find a place in it too early into the game. I wanted to discover, and life, and dance and sing, and live some more. I was eager and famished for knowledge and culture ; I wanted more, and I've never ceased to, in my entire life. As if anything on this Earth was not good enough, and  going beyond it was what was essential. And thus, I fell asleep. And dreamt. Of Mrs. Danvers. Of her travels. Of being Mrs. Danvers. Of my own travels. I dreamt as it was not permitted to dream, freely and happily, having forgotten all about "tomorrow". But then again, I guess that's what dreams are made of. Hapiness, before daybreak. Before the storm rises, and you realize you've been thrown in the epicentre of a whirlwind. They are simply a way of softening the blow and cushioning the fall of a girl with delusions of grandeur and ambition so tall that it rose above the Empire State Building. And when I woke up, I felt entirely rejuvenated, as if I had not been walking endlessly in the cool and dreary wind before she had stopped for me.

Dernière édition par Feu Ardent le Dim 27 Oct - 7:07, édité 1 fois
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://dc-marvel-rpg.forumactif.com
Admin

0/0  (0/0)

MessageSujet: Re: nouvelle.....   Dim 9 Juin - 0:27

cause after
[6:21:28 AM] Ferdi: i was considering avisual description
[6:21:35 AM] Ferdi: of the trees moving towards them
[6:21:39 AM] Ferdi: and disappearing behind
[6:21:46 AM] Ferdi: and the night veil falling down upon them
[6:21:47 AM] Ferdi: etc.
[6:21:52 AM] Ferdi: the lights drawing nearer
[6:21:53 AM] Ferdi: brighter
[6:21:59 AM] Ferdi: more beautiful by the secon d
[6:22:02 AM] Ferdi: she's half asleep
[6:22:04 AM] Ferdi: half awake
[6:22:06 AM] Ferdi: and then, the car stops.
[6:22:25 AM] Mathilde: I think you could also add
[6:22:40 AM] Mathilde: some hallucinatory stuff. Especially since she's half asleep
[6:22:55 AM] Mathilde: like she thinks she sees something, then realize it's something else entirely
Admin

0/0  (0/0)

MessageSujet: Re: nouvelle.....   Dim 27 Oct - 7:07

But the drowsiness did not fade. It never left, as a matter of fact ; at least, not until the car drove to a halt. Before that, trees fluttered in our spectra of vision. Pine trees, with lush green leaves and a majestuous appearance to them. Suddenly, clouds began crying, over us. Rain. It was raining. A calm, peaceful sound ... A rythmic melody that lulled me in its sway. I saw dragons, and chimeras, butterflies and evil black crows. At some point, I thought a trident flashed from the skies before falling before us in a loud, roaring noise. It however turned out that is was thunder, and as I shook myself awake a second time, unwilling to have these visions curl before my eyelids, I decided to focus on the scenery around us. The trees kept coming before us, and disappearing behind the car, as Mrs. Danvers drove in the calmest tranquility. I do not think she realized I was now awake, for once she did, she asked me if it would bother me for her to put some music on. As I said I did not mind, she blasted the stereo on, and some hippy band started playing out of nowhere. There sound was ... Colourful. As tasty and rich as a melody fallen straight from heaven. I tried to remember the name of the song from then on, or at least, the name of the band playing it, for it was a band, but to no avail. It drifted away in the winds of my thoughts, disappearing with everything I had once known but forgot to care about. Gone away, with memories of my dear family and friends, who I had no intention of seeing ever again and who I would not be able to see once I would realize my mistake.

As we drove on and the hours went by, the city lights grew brighter and shinier as trees became scarcer by the minute. Instantly compelled and drawn to this hub of lights and mystery, I found myself to grow more and more anxious by the minute. Trying to make conversation, I asked Mrs. Danvers over the blasting sound of the radio if she had ever set foot within this city before. The only answer she had for me was a witty : "In these bouts ? God heavens no ! I never go to the same place twice !" I found this answer fair enough, and asked no more, afraid I would be unable to conceal my enthusiasm and will to join these bright lights and become one with them. I had this curious gut feeling that this was a calling home. A kingdom come of many sorts. In my heart, I felt like I was going somewhere where I would finally belong. Yes, I had to get to the city, for little did I know, but I had a date there. At the time, that knowledge escaped me, by far. It escaped him, too, by a lifetime. Reflecting upon it now, it seems to me as if the only person who actually knew about this intimate rendez-vous was Destiny itself. I simply wish she would have warned me about it so I could have arrived on time. The car finally stopped, when Mrs. Danvers's Chevy ran out of gas, pleading for more. As the beast engulfed all of the fuel the station had to offer it, she looked at me with a soft gaze, before wondering if I was going to stay for a while longer or if I was going to hop off and try my luck by foot. Though I could not deny the comfort of the vehicule, I could not resist the urge to continue by foot, jealous of having to share my arrival within the city walls with someone else. The first signs of light seemed to be some two miles away, which, considering how far I had come, and the (false) conviction I had that I would be staying there for ages, did not seem to bad at first glance. I thus bid Danvers my adieux, before setting on my way once more. I looked back once to see the wheels of her car kick the dust and leap into action once more. I smiled as her car overtook me, her hand waving at me from the open window. And then, I started walking again, at a steadier pace than ever, with more determination than ever. My knees cracked once or twice from the strain I had put on them these last few days, and I nearly tumbled to the grown on more than an occasion, but I eventually got there, in the end. I believe an hour would have passed, perhaps even less, before I neared the first building I saw and set foot within it. I was a mess. A cruelly disilusioned girl, with wild hair destroyed by hours of walking in the wind, clothes torn here and there by the times she fell on her knees, and an gait that was anything but elegant. I however still had my breathmints, though I was down to my last three, which was not as optimistic as I had hoped it would be.

Dernière édition par Feu Ardent le Dim 27 Oct - 7:29, édité 2 fois
Admin

0/0  (0/0)

MessageSujet: Re: nouvelle.....   Dim 27 Oct - 7:08

I had to get to the city, for little did I know, but I had a date there. At the time, that knowledge me, by far. It escaped him, by a lifetime. It seems to me as if the only person who actually knew about this intimate rendez-vous was Destiny itself. I simply wish she would have warned me so I could have arrived on time.

Meets Peter in a bar

Eventually, I managed to make my way to the city, through countless stops and hitchhikes.

Peter was the most magical creature my frail human envelope could ever have hoped to meet in this corrupted world.

He would play music in the morning, as I woke up, and I rememember loving absolutely everything in those moments. Especially the magical feeling he somehow managed to stir in me as his symphony tugged straight at my heartstrings, vowing to never let them go. And still today, it keeps its promise, as hearing Peter's song always manages to make me break into tears.

Peter had not been my first and would not be my last. But by far, he had been the best and most memorable moment I would ever come to remember with my life.

And so, I walked on, unchained and free, uncertain yet again about what the future had yet to hold for me, yet relishing the idea of discovering it, one day at a time. Doing it as I go has ever since seemed like the only viable option in life as I glided through it without ever truly knowing how the day would stop for the next one to begin. Unpredictibility soon become so interwoven with my own personal life that I felt as if it had become either a second name or a best friend of sorts. But I am proud to say that through it all, and no matter what, I stayed proud and preserved my freedom. And no man could ever claim the possession of my being, as that was mine to give, and I had proclaimed myself the only worthy recipient of that gift.
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: nouvelle.....   

nouvelle.....

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 1 sur 1